Lawyers in Dubuque, Iowa
Personal Injury ◊ Family Law ◊ Estate Planning ◊ Employment Law ◊ Insurance ◊ Real Estate ◊ Business Representation ◊ School and Municipal Law
At the law office of Fuerste, Carew, Juergens & Sudmeier, P.C., our historical roots date back to 1854, when the law firm of Cooley & Adams began to practice in Dubuque. We have been in our current firm since 1965, providing a broad range of legal services to ordinary citizens throughout the tri-state area in northeast Iowa, southwest Wisconsin and northwest Illinois.
Our attorneys offer comprehensive legal counsel on a broad range of legal issues. We take a personal approach with every client, taking the time to carefully listen to your concerns so that we can find solutions that meet your specific needs. Because of the breadth of services we offer, many of our clients have come to us for all their legal needs for many years.
To set up a consultation, contact our office online or call us toll-free at 877-455-2249.
We offer extensive experience in legal matters involving:
- Personal injury and workers' compensation. We represent people who have been injured as a result of the negligence or carelessness of others, handling claims involving motor vehicle accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice, product liability, dog bites and animal attacks, and construction site claims, among others. We also help individuals who have been injured in the workplace, taking care of all matters related to a workers' compensation claim.
- Family law. We protect the rights of men and women in all matters related to divorce, including child custody and visitation, child support, alimony or spousal support and the division of marital property. We also handle adoption proceedings, domestic violence matters, paternity actions, prenuptial agreements and guardianship/conservatorship issues.
- Estate planning and administration. We will help you put together an effective plan for the distribution of your estate upon death, drafting all the documents required, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney and healthcare directives. We work with executors, administrators and heirs to successfully settle the estates of loved ones and handle all litigation arising out of the probate process.
- Employment law. We represent employers or employees in litigation related to the workplace, such as discrimination, harassment, wrongful discharge, retaliatory acts and wage and hour disputes. We also negotiate, review and prepare employment, noncompete and severance agreements, as well as policy manuals.
- Business and commercial law. Our attorneys counsel clients in all types of business matters. We represent a wide array of companies, large and small, including banks, credit unions and trust companies, construction companies, manufacturers, agricultural companies, retail businesses, gaming and hospitality concerns, health care providers and numerous family owned businesses.
- Insurance and litigation. We provide legal advice and representation in litigation about insurance coverage and the interpretation and legal effect of insurance and insurance policies. We are retained by insurance companies to defend claims and lawsuits by third parties against their insureds.
- Real estate law. We provide legal advice and representation regarding a wide range of real estate matters, including the purchase and sale of houses, farms, investment and business property, the examination of land titles, real estate contracts, subdivision and condominium developments, homeowners' associations, construction contracts and liens, real estate taxes and assessments, zoning, commercial and residential leases, real estate financing and mortgages, foreclosures and forfeitures, zoning, condemnation, survey, boundary and fence line issues, and in litigation regarding all such matters. All of our lawyers participate in the Iowa Title Guaranty program.
- Alternative dispute resolution. In addition to representation in litigation, we represent our clients in mediation, arbitration, and negotiated settlements.
To set up a consultation, contact us online or call us toll-free at 877-455-2249. Our office is located at the intersection of 8th and Main, in downtown Dubuque. Ample metered and ramp parking is available nearby. We will meet with you evenings or weekends upon request.