Protecting The Rights Of Employers And Employees
At Fuerste, Carew, Juergens & Sudmeier, P.C., our attorneys have protected the rights of employers and employees in a broad range of legal matters since 1965. We take a personal approach with every client, meeting individually with you to determine the best approach to resolve your legal problems. Because of our commitment to personal service and attention, many of our clients have been with us for years.
Ready To Litigate For A Variety Of Employment Issues
We represent employers or employees in litigation arising out of the workplace, including claims involving:
- Wrongful acts under state or federal laws. We handle discrimination and civil rights claims under Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), as well as state laws prohibiting discrimination in employment based on race, age, gender, religion or sexual orientation. We also litigate disputes regarding retirement plans or assets under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
- Sexual harassment. We represent employers and employees in lawsuits involving allegations of sexual harassment, either in the form of work-related benefits offered in exchange for sexual favors (quid pro quo) or the creation of a hostile work environment based on sex.
- Wrongful discharge or termination. We handle cases involving allegations of breach of an employment contract, as well as termination in violation of law.
- Whistleblower claims, including retaliatory acts. We protect the rights of either party in situations where an employee has reported alleged wrongdoing by an employer.
- Wage and hour claims. We handle overtime and wage claims under the federal wage and hour laws, as well as applicable state statutes.
- Equal pay issues. We protect the rights of individuals in actions under the Equal Pay Act and other laws governing the equality of pay in the workplace.
We work closely with employers to develop effective employment policies and will review and/or prepare an employment handbook or employee policy manual. We also negotiate, prepare and review employment agreements, noncompete agreements and severance agreements, for employers or employees.
Our attorneys handle a broad range of compensation issues as well, including eligibility for health benefit plans, pension or profit-sharing, or short- or long-term disability benefits, as well as unemployment claims.
We also address a broad range of issues involving union representation.
Let Us Handle Your Case
Schedule a consultation with us by completing our contact form or by calling us toll-free at 877-455-2249. At our firm, you can expect solid legal advice from our skilled Iowa employment law attorneys:
We are conveniently located at the intersection of Ninth and Main in downtown Dubuque, with ample parking nearby. We can arrange to meet with you evenings or weekends, if necessary.